I’m Erica Ellis, a researcher, strategist and designer based in Boulder, CO. Currently, I’m a Senior Product/UX Designer at Pivotal Labs, creating innovative product experiences backed by research and user testing.
I have over 8 years of industry experience continually crossing, and occasionally blurring, the lines between visual design, user experience, product and research. Most recently, I’ve tried to focus on the entire journey users have with a brand. I would like to continue exploring a broader service design approach, providing a holistic experience and deeper impact for both the user and business.
I also spend time building communities. I’m an organizer of the Boulder UI/UX Meetup, was a founding board member of Kansas City Women in Tech and an organizer of Coffee & Design.
Outside of work, you can find me exploring the Rocky Mountains, biking around the city, trying out a new brewery, reading a book, or watching a documentary on Netflix.
- Strategic planning, thinking, doing and communicating
- Workshop and meeting facilitation
- Developing and conducting generative and evaluative research
- Synthesizing and prioritizing research insights
- Collaborating with talented cross-functional teams
- Translating research findings into actionable design direction
- Cultivating client relationships
I’ve worked with clients across finance, medical, healthcare, property, insurance and the connected home from startups to large enterprises to nonprofits. My belief is that the power of my process and design thinking can be equally impactful in any sector.